1. A simple user friendly online radio experience on your android device.
2. The online radio should stream the audio in mp3 format.
3. Show thumbnails of each song.
4. Get stream from Shout cast and integrate the audio inside the application.
5. Volume control in app and play/pause button.
6. Should stream audio efficiently with minimum loss.
7. Share on Facebook and Twitter.
Based on the client requirements we implemented below listed functionalities into the application
1. Used the default audio player within android and customized it depending on our needs.
2. Used 3rd party library (www.last.fm) to show thumbnails of the songs being played.
3. Parsing of the metadata in the stream URL to display the artist name and song name.
4. Simple design with easy to use keys for play/pause and volume control.
5. Used 3rd party library (Stream Scraper) for streaming audio from URL and customized it for maximum speed and a minimum loss output.
6. Implemented social dialogue so the user can post the name of the song and artist to Facebook and Twitter.
1. Java/ Android SDK.
2. JSON/ XML for Web Services.
3. MySQL database.